Today is January 5th (Also Known as “Twelfth Night”) - Happy "Twelfth Day of Christmas"!
Today we think about the “Twelve Drummers Drumming” which represent the Twelve Points of Doctrine in the Apostles' Creed:
1) I believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth.
2) I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord.
3) He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary.
4) He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended into hell [the grave].
5) On the third day he rose again. He ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
6) He will come again to judge the living and the dead.
7) I believe in the Holy Spirit,
8) the holy catholic Church,
9) the communion of saints,
10) the forgiveness of sins,
11) the resurrection of the body,
12) and life everlasting.
Today we contemplate the importance of a sound doctrine (orthodoxy) as well as the necessity of having a sound Christian walk (orthopraxy).
We ask ourselves: “Do I live the Gospel I claim?...and…”If they came to arrest me for being a Follower of Jesus- would there be enough evidence to convict me?”