Friday, August 28, 2009

FreeStyle Friday~ Anything I Wanna Do.... Today: What's the Central Message of Jesus?

This may come as a big shock to you, but the central theme of Jesus, as made very clear in the Gospels, is not what you may have been taught... If you were taught that the main reason Jesus came was to save you individually from hell-fire and damnation- you have been unwittingly taken on a journey of missing the point.

No really...

That is only a piece of the puzzle, only the tip of a much larger iceberg...so to speak.

Jesus did come to save you as an individual, and it is my sincere hope that you have taken Him up on this awesome offer. (If you want to know more about this, feel free to contact me at tdickerson@northpark.edu)

If you have done this, you may have had the experience of someone asking you "Why you did it? or What did you get saved from?" and these are often great opportunities to bear witness on an individual level as to what kind of brokenness a life given over to Jesus can be delivered from.

But, again, answering these questions only answers part of the question.
Another question that deserves a thoughful answer is-
"Now what? What did He save you for?

Ask yourself that question- if the only answer you come up with is, something like this: "So I could go to heaven when I die."
...then we need to talk...

Seriously...We need to have a chat.

You gave your life to Jesus, didn't you? You've gotta expect he'll want to use it, rather than put it up on a shelf somewhere for 'safe-keeping'.

No, Jesus wants you to get into the game. To be a player. He wants you to enjoy the joy of experience, community, and participation and the unparalleled glory of co-creating with the God of the universe, himself.

You, my friend, were saved to be a blessing to the world!

This is clearcut, it's your end of the Abrahamic Covenant (the covenant God made with Abraham in Genesis 12) See here:

“I will make you into a great nation

and I will bless you;

I will make your name great,

and you will be a blessing.

(Now, this time, read that "Will Be" as an imperative- as in "You will, you must be...a Blessing!, rather than as a declarative: "Yup, you'll be a blessing..." It makes a huge difference...)

I will bless those who bless you,

and whoever curses you I will curse;

and all peoples on earth

will be blessed through you.”



Did you ever look at it that way? No? Well ya gotta admit- it's pretty cool, huh??

Watch this vid- it'll make it a little more clear...



Let me know what you think...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I am honored that you have come over to spend a little time at the Nacreous Kingdom. Your comments will be posted after I get the pleasure of getting the first read. So tune back in soon...Peace!