Wednesday, January 2, 2013

January 2~ The Ninth Day of Christmas



Today is January 2nd- Happy “Ninth Day of Christmas"!

Today we think about the “Nine Ladies Dancing.”

They represent The Nine Fruits of the Holy Spirit mentioned in Galatians 5:22:

1) love,
2) joy,
3) peace,
4) patience,
5) kindness,
6) goodness,
7) faithfulness,
8) gentleness,
9) self-control.


Today we contemplate how we are being continually Spiritually Formed, and we ask ourselves these questions:

How have I been receptive to the Holy Spirit’s workings in and through me throughout the past year, and does my life bear spiritual fruit?

How can I be receptive to the Holy Spirit’s workings in and through me more fully throughout the coming year, so that I can more fully bear spiritual fruit?

~PRAYER~

Father God, Thank You for being My TRUE LOVE.
Thank you for giving me the ability, through your Spirit, to bear spiritual fruit.
Help me to remember that the "fruit" is of you, not of me...
That bearing this fruit is about You, Your Kingdom...
And Not about me.
As I look out at the winter trees that have...
No leaves...
No fruit...
May I be ever reminded that when they appear thus,
I cannot tell what kind of tree they are.
Let their bare branches be a stark reminder to me of
How I appear to others when I do not embody Your Spirit of...
Joy...

Love...
Peace..
Patience...
Kindness...
Goodness...
Faithfulness...
Gentleness...
& Self-control.
Help me to look more like an evergreen tree this coming year...
Help me not just to "act" in these ways...
Help me to embody the Spirit of these ways
in Jesus' name,
AMEN



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I am honored that you have come over to spend a little time at the Nacreous Kingdom. Your comments will be posted after I get the pleasure of getting the first read. So tune back in soon...Peace!